Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard Sayre <ri...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/01 12:50:33 UTC

Design Question Global Properties

I have some global properties in my application that I need to access
from several of my JSP pages.

In my application I have a base action which all of my actions use.  I
was thinking of putting a getGlobalProperties method in that action
that return an instance of an Singleton that holds my properties.

My other thought was to use an interceptor plus a singleton to add the
properties to the stack.  I'm not sure if this is possible with an
interceptor.

I am looking for some feedback on these designs.  I am leaning towards
the base action + singleton to do this but I want to make sure I am
making a good decision here.

Thanks,

Rich