Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Navneet Raja <nr...@bevocal.com> on 2002/09/17 04:38:57 UTC

Build problems using RC1

Hi All,
I downloaded the RC1 package today.

When I try to compile a simple piece of  code like
	org.apache.axis.Message m = new org.apache.axis.Message("test");

The compilation error that I get is
xxx.java:36: cannot access javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage
file javax\xml\soap\SOAPMessage.class not found
        Message m = new Message("test");

When I look at the jaxrpc.jar that is bundled with the RC1 distribution , it
contains a jaxrpc.jar , but this jaxrpc.jar does *not* contain
javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage class.

Has anybody faced this problem ? I think that somehow the ant task which is
packing up the jaxrpc.jar is not copying all the built classes.

Please let me know if this is a known problem and what are the accepted
workarounds ? Should we be getting the jaxrpc.jar from some place else ?

Thanks,
--navneet