Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by hpn br <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2009/04/22 22:56:18 UTC

Random sort with seed

Hi,

  When I used only lucene, I implemented a criterion of random sort, I send the seed and I get the same numbers. Use this artifice in the paging, thus I have the same results for the same page with exactly seed.

  How I do it with solr ? I know that a criterion of ramdom sort exists, but find that the seed is not accepted.

  thanks
Descubra seu lado desconhecido com o novo Windows Live!
http://www.windowslive.com.br

Re: Random sort with seed

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
Setting random seed name to dynamic field name is the trick.

http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/org/apache/solr/schema/RandomSortField.html

Koji