Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sean Conlon <sc...@credera.com> on 2008/04/14 21:38:28 UTC

Password Callback Handler

I am using Axis2 as my SOAP engine, and I am trying to understand the
big picture.  I am curious when exactly the Password Callback Handler
(PWCBHandler) is called, and by whom.  I know I set this information up
within the "OutflowSecurity" parameter in the axis2-client.xml file that
I pass to the ContextConfiguration, but then at what point during the
SOAP Envelope build process is my PWCBHandler called?

I guess I am not even sure if the client is who calls the PWCBHandler.
It could be called from the service after it has received the message,
but I doubt this is the case.

Also, within the phases section of my axis2-client.xml file, what
exactly happens within the "<phase name="Security"/>" for both the
"inFlow" and "outFlow" phases?  Does this instinctively know to look for
and call some files within the Rampart.mar, and then those files know to
look for the parameter "OutflowSecurity"??

I have read the Axis2 Developer's guide and the Axis2 Architectural
guide, but I am also new to Web Services, so any other info would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

     Sean