Posted to user@struts.apache.org by deepak aggarwal <ag...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/19 12:11:10 UTC

Cos multipart plugin, where is it?

I have been trying out various file upload plugins that struts2
supports. I could find jakarta (included with struts distribution) and
pell (included in struts2-pell-multipart-plugin-2.0.9.jar) plugins,
but nowhere could I find cos plugin. I was browsing through various
sites and saw on one of the pages that these three plugins were once
in struts2.dispatcher.multipart package. But now only jakarta remains
there and pell has been bundled into a separate jar.

But, the original question remains, whatever happened to cos?

Re: Cos multipart plugin, where is it?

Posted by deepak aggarwal <ag...@gmail.com>.
That sounds good. I will make the necessary code changes and try to
register with Struts2 repository.

There is one feature that I want to add to cos file upload - make the
file upload interruptible. Large file uploads can sometime take a lot
of time  and you want transaction to timeout gracefully in such a case
(by setting a timeout on transactioninterceptor that starts the
transaction as soon as the request arrives in). When the transaction
times out, transactionmanager issues an interrupt on the thread
handling the request but in our case, this will go ignored as blocking
i/o calls are not interruptible (unless using a nio channel). So there
is a potential for this thread to get hosed up.

In general, i believe that any operation that takes potentially large
time should add hooks to get interrupted gracefully.

Any takers for this idea?

Deepak

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by deepak aggarwal <ag...@gmail.com>.