Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/31 08:39:43 UTC

Include OFBiz at ApacheCon Europe "In the News"?

Hi Everyone

Could we add the details about OFBiz at ApacheCon Europe to the website “In
the News Section”?
I think it’s news – what do other people think?

Thanks
Sharan

I was thinking of something like:

*OFBiz at ApacheCon Europe 2014*

A full OFBiz track has been included in the schedule at ApacheCon Europe in
Budapest (17th – 21st November 2014).

The six presentations are planned for the first day (17th November 2014)
and will cover a range of business and technical topics.

If you are interested in attending ApacheCon Europe, details can be found
here (link to ApacheCon site)
Details of the full ApacheCon Europe schedule can be found here (link to
schedule)

Re: Include OFBiz at ApacheCon Europe "In the News"?

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sharan,

That is a great idea. Are you also thinking of including the 'I am
speaking' banner'?

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
Sounds good to me!

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

Posted by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jacopo - I'll give that a try.

Re: Include OFBiz at ApacheCon Europe "In the News"?

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I like it.
If you would like to give it a try, you can actually add the section and publish it in the following way:

1) checkout the html files of the OFBiz site:
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/site ofbiz-website

2) cd into the newly created folder ofbiz-website

3) add the new paragraph by editing the file index.html (*)

4) commit the changes: svn commit -m "Published news about OFBiz sessions at ApacheCon EU 2014"

Regards,

Jacopo

(*) note: when you include links that move the users out of the OFBiz website please add the target="external": in this way the browser will open a new tab/page;
For example: