Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by "Johannes J. Schmidt" <sc...@netzmerk.com> on 2011/10/13 22:09:59 UTC

Mouch is Make Couchapps with GNU Make

Dear developers,

I just released Mouch [1] (Make Couch) on github.
Mouch is a little helper to build Couchapps. I am using it since half a
year now almost every day and it does quiet well.
I hope someone else find it useful.

Mouch follows a radical minimalistic approach (125 LOC). It consists
only of three files, which you simply copy inside your project. Mouch
has only a few requirements: Ruby, a Ruby JSON lib, Make and cURL. You
might already have most of them installed.
With Mouch you build a JSON file and push it to the server. You talk to
Mouch via GNU Make.

I would love to hear discussion about Mouchs approach.

Johannes

[1] https://github.com/jo/mouch

Re: Mouch is Make Couchapps with GNU Make

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On Oct 13, 2011, at 22:09 , Johannes J. Schmidt wrote:

> Dear developers,
>
> I just released Mouch [1] (Make Couch) on github.
> Mouch is a little helper to build Couchapps. I am using it since half a
> year now almost every day and it does quiet well.
> I hope someone else find it useful.
>
> Mouch follows a radical minimalistic approach (125 LOC). It consists
> only of three files, which you simply copy inside your project. Mouch
> has only a few requirements: Ruby, a Ruby JSON lib, Make and cURL. You
> might already have most of them installed.
> With Mouch you build a JSON file and push it to the server. You talk to
> Mouch via GNU Make.
>
> I would love to hear discussion about Mouchs approach.

Hi Johannes,

this is pretty cool, I like minimal dependencies :)

I'll play with this on my next CouchApp project.

Cheers
Jan