Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org> on 2014/09/24 15:06:36 UTC

Subqueries: Missing "LPAREN"

Hi,

Is it possible to run sub-queries with Phoenix? Something like this:

select * from "metadata" n where L = 1 AND R = (select max(R) from
"metadata" z where n.A = z.A);

Goel is to get all lignes where L=1 and R=max. Field "A" is the key.

Thanks,

JM

Re: Subqueries: Missing "LPAREN"

Posted by Maryann Xue <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi JM,

I have submitted the first patch for PHOENIX-945. Thought you might want to
give it a try.

Thanks,
Maryann

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the update Maryann. Subscribed to PHOENIX-945 too. Will wait to
> hear back from you.
>
> JM

> Hi JM,
>>
>> Sorry that I made a mistake earlier. Your query should be covered by
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-945. Will keep you updated
>> on the progress of that issue.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Maryann
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
>> jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Maryann,
>>>
>>> We have already spotted PHOENIX-1168 and tracking it ;) Thanks for the
>>> patch!
>>>
>>> We have already downloaded it and will give it a try.
>>>
>>> JM

>>> Hi JM,

>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Maryann

Maryann

Re: Subqueries: Missing "LPAREN"

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Maryann Xue <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi JM,

Sorry that I made a mistake earlier. Your query should be covered by
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-945. Will keep you updated on
the progress of that issue.

Thanks,
Maryann

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:

> Hi Maryann,
>
> We have already spotted PHOENIX-1168 and tracking it ;) Thanks for the
> patch!
>
> We have already downloaded it and will give it a try.
>
> JM

> Hi JM,
>>
>> Think this sub-query feature is covered by PHOENIX-1168, for which a
>> check-in is expected very soon.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Maryann
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
>> jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to run sub-queries with Phoenix? Something like this:
>>>
>>> select * from "metadata" n where L = 1 AND R = (select max(R) from
>>> "metadata" z where n.A = z.A);
>>>
>>> Goel is to get all lignes where L=1 and R=max. Field "A" is the key.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> JM
>>>

>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Maryann

Maryann

Re: Subqueries: Missing "LPAREN"

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Maryann,

Posted by Maryann Xue <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi JM,

Think this sub-query feature is covered by PHOENIX-1168, for which a
check-in is expected very soon.

Thanks,
Maryann

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to run sub-queries with Phoenix? Something like this:
>
> select * from "metadata" n where L = 1 AND R = (select max(R) from
> "metadata" z where n.A = z.A);
>
> Goel is to get all lignes where L=1 and R=max. Field "A" is the key.
>
> Thanks,
>
> JM

Maryann