Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ve...@thomsonreuters.com on 2008/12/17 15:21:13 UTC

Trinidad : dialog for error messages

Hi

We have been using Trinidad for quite some time. Now our users are
demanding that the if errors occur after submitting a form they need to
be shown in separate popup (currently it is displaying in the same page
in the top) and the fields that have errors should be marked
differently. Like giving a red border around the field.

Is it possible to achieve these using Trinidad? Can some one help me out

Thanks

Venkat

Venkatramanan Viswanathan
Technical Leader

Thomson Reuters

Phone: +91-80-4063 7101
Mobile: +919740984710

venkat.ramanan@thomsonreuters.com
thomsonreuters.com

Re: Trinidad : dialog for error messages

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Dialog meaning browser window or dialog meaning a floating DIV?

If the latter, you can use the tr:panelPopup component and only render
it if messages are present or the like.

In order to do the former, you will have to code it yourself with
javascript. You could use window.open to 'about:blank', get the
document and copy the messages from the page into the window. Then
just put the tr:messages in a hidden DIV in the page so that they are
not visible.

-Andrew

Posted by ve...@thomsonreuters.com.

Posted by Fe...@t-systems.com.