Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Torsten Stolpmann <To...@verit.de> on 2006/02/03 17:50:00 UTC

I18n: Location of the CommonMessages catalogue files

Hello dev-team,

In forrest 0.7 I noticed the following definition in sitemap.xmap:

    <map:transformer name="i18n"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.I18nTransformer">
     <catalogues default="common">
       <catalogue id="common" name="CommonMessages"
location="skins/common/translations"/>
     </catalogues>
     <cache-at-startup>true</cache-at-startup>
   </map:transformer>

Shouldn't the location of the catalogue read as follows to allow for
changing the project skins directory?

       <catalogue id="common" name="CommonMessages"
location="{project:skins-dir}common/translations"/>

I crosschecked against svn-HEAD - it is still unchanged.

On a side note: I tried to override the above transformer definition by
adding the corrected version to my project's sitemap.xmap. This had no
noticable effect (I crosschecked by pointing to a modified catalogue).
Am I doing something wrong here?

Regards,

	Torsten

Re: I18n: Location of the CommonMessages catalogue files

Posted by Torsten Stolpmann <To...@verit.de>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Torsten Stolpmann wrote:
>>
>> Helena Edelson wrote:

>>> That is a good point for those creating a customized skin per project.
>>> - helena
>>>

>> Exactly. This solves the mystery why changes to a project-local copy
>> of the translations in the common skin section won't have any effect.
>> This puzzled me for quiet some weeks until I was desperate enough to
>> hunt it down.
>
> Althugh sins will be deprecated in a future release a minot changelike
> this should go into the 0.8 release. Please provide a patch via the
> issue tracker and we'll ensure it gets applied.

<<Obvious humorous remark about the deprecation of sins deleted>>

See FOR-806. Patch attached.

Thanks Thorsten and Ross!

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Torsten Stolpmann wrote:

> Helena Edelson wrote:
>

>> Torsten Stolpmann wrote:
>>
>>> Hello dev-team,
>>>
>>> In forrest 0.7 I noticed the following definition in sitemap.xmap:
>>>
>>>    <map:transformer name="i18n"
>>> src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.I18nTransformer">
>>>     <catalogues default="common">
>>>       <catalogue id="common" name="CommonMessages"
>>> location="skins/common/translations"/>
>>>     </catalogues>
>>>     <cache-at-startup>true</cache-at-startup>
>>>   </map:transformer>
>>>
>>> Shouldn't the location of the catalogue read as follows to allow for
>>> changing the project skins directory?
>>>
>>>       <catalogue id="common" name="CommonMessages"
>>> location="{project:skins-dir}common/translations"/>
>>

>> That is a good point for those creating a customized skin per project.
>> - helena
>>

> Exactly. This solves the mystery why changes to a project-local copy of
> the translations in the common skin section won't have any effect. This
> puzzled me for quiet some weeks until I was desperate enough to hunt it
> down.

Althugh sins will be deprecated in a future release a minot changelike
this should go into the 0.8 release. Please provide a patch via the
issue tracker and we'll ensure it gets applied.

Ross

Re: I18n: Location of the CommonMessages catalogue files

Posted by Torsten Stolpmann <To...@verit.de>.

Posted by Helena Edelson <he...@greenjaguar.com>.