Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by smallufo <sm...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/17 11:08:45 UTC

Two gmap2 applications

FYI...

http://destiny.xfiles.to/app/calendar/StarTrans

http://destiny.xfiles.to/app/LuckyMap

BR

Re: Two gmap2 applications

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com>.
smallufo wrote:
>> I start to understand.
>> I can confirm that the maps are clickable on my computer.
>> Also that sometimes some lines are not drawn. On my computer I get the
>> impression, that it is sometimes the lines going north, that are now drawn.
>> I have not gone into deep calculation, but could it be that the lines
>> extend the shown map very far?
>>

> Yes , because I don't know the map border.
> I always draw the line to 10 degrees. It will go very far if zoomlevel is
> large...
>
> Maybe restricting the endpoints somewhere close to the border of the map
>
>> might help.
>> wicket.contrib.gmap.event.LoadListener might help figuring out the
>> coordinates of the border of the shown map.
>>

> Thank you
> I'll look into it.

The class GMap2 has a bounds property, with the coordinates of the
bounds of the map.
These are updated on any XMLHttpRequest (aka Ajax Request)

The Webapp can't calculate these coordinates itself, it relies on what
Google's GMap2 JavaScript code comes up with.

Using the LoadListener just initiates such an request right when the map
is loaded.

Also you can look at wicket.contrib.examples.gmap.listen.HomePage in the
examples.

mf

Re: Two gmap2 applications

Posted by smallufo <sm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Two gmap2 applications

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com>.
smallufo wrote:

>> About the applications, do they work for you from were you can see em?
>>
>>> The Lucky Maps works to the extend that it draws the Polygons/Lines on the
>>> map but it stays fixed on Berlin for me.
>>> The Sunrise Sunset Moonrise Moonset Calculation only works for me if I
>>> select English, then it stays fixed on New York.
>>>

> I observed some problems on some PCs
> On some computer , the map is un-clickable
> And on some computers , firefox 2/3 will not draw some line . I am sure the
> coordinates are output (via wicket's AJAX debugger)
>
> I don't know why.

ok,
I start to understand.
I can confirm that the maps are clickable on my computer.
Also that sometimes some lines are not drawn. On my computer I get the
impression, that it is sometimes the lines going north, that are now drawn.
I have not gone into deep calculation, but could it be that the lines
extend the shown map very far?
Maybe restricting the endpoints somewhere close to the border of the map
might help.
wicket.contrib.gmap.event.LoadListener might help figuring out the
coordinates of the border of the shown map.

happy coding,

Martin

Re: Two gmap2 applications

Posted by smallufo <sm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Two gmap2 applications

Posted by smallufo <sm...@gmail.com>.
2008/6/20 Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com>:

> smallufo wrote:
>
>> The two applications are presented in Google Developers Day 2008 in Taipei
>>
>> 2008/6/17 smallufo <sm...@gmail.com>:
>>

>>> FYI...
>>>
>>> http://destiny.xfiles.to/app/calendar/StarTrans
>>>
>>> http://destiny.xfiles.to/app/LuckyMap
>>>
>>> BR
>>>

> ok, I got to admit I didn't check the apps thoroughly at first.
> Could you give us some more insight?
> Is it the event described on this site?
> http://code.google.com/intl/zh-TW/events/developerday/2008/sessions.html
> I personally neither can read nor understand Chinese, the Google
> translation gives a good start but wouldn't want to rely on it.

yes.
http://code.google.com/intl/zh-TW/events/developerday/2008/agenda.html
It is presented in the  Developer Showcase session of "Geo" type
(there are other "Social" and "Mobile" types )

About the applications, do they work for you from were you can see em?
> The Lucky Maps works to the extend that it draws the Polygons/Lines on the
> map but it stays fixed on Berlin for me.
> The Sunrise Sunset Moonrise Moonset Calculation only works for me if I
> select English, then it stays fixed on New York.

It depends on session.getLocale()
if "de" , default return Berlin's lat/lon
if "us" , default return NY's lat/lon
It should be clickable (to point out your location) on the map.
Because it is just an amateur product , I have no money to buy "ip to
location" database....

> If its possible, I'm more than happy to assist on any problem.

Thank you
currently , I found bug WICKET-1095 seems not solved completely.
see my another thread...
http://www.nabble.com/Inheritance-inside-a-Container-tt16514647.html#a18018833

Re: Two gmap2 applications

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com>.