Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com> on 2008/09/03 02:30:03 UTC

sshexec exit status 127

Hi,

ant 1.7.1, jsch-0.1.33, commons-net-1.5.0-dev, Red Hat Enterprise
Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)

I am trying to use ant on one server, which is using sshexec to invoke
ant on a remote server. I also tried creating a shell script that just
executes ant and using that as the command attr value for sshexec. The
shell script also errors out with ant:command not found). I keep
getting:

"Remote command failed with exit status 127

   [sshexec] bash: ant: command not found"

ANT_HOME is defined correctly and the $ANT_HOME/bin is added to the
PATH. Both the ant build (and shell script calling the ant build) work
when I am ssh'd into the remote machine. I use the same user for
sshexec as the one that successfully logs in and runs locally. I have
ssh'd into the remote machine from the calling machine and accepted
the key.

THE MAIN DIFFERENCE: This used to work for me in the past on Red Hat
ES 3 (I believe I am remembering the version correctly) and now the
machine is running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

thanks,
-Rob

Re: sshexec exit status 127

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
On Sep 2, 2008, at 11:58 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Sep 2008, Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> ant 1.7.1, jsch-0.1.33, commons-net-1.5.0-dev, Red Hat Enterprise
>> Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)
>>
>> I am trying to use ant on one server, which is using sshexec to
>> invoke ant on a remote server. I also tried creating a shell script
>> that just executes ant and using that as the command attr value for
>> sshexec. The shell script also errors out with ant:command not
>> found). I keep getting:
>>
>> "Remote command failed with exit status 127
>>
>>  [sshexec] bash: ant: command not found"
>>
>> ANT_HOME is defined correctly and the $ANT_HOME/bin is added to the
>> PATH.
>
> Make sshexec run "env".  When running a command via ssh (as opposed to
> opening an interactive shell) your environment may not be what you
> think it is.

Yes, that was the problem.

Putting java and ant on the PATH in the shell script solves the problem.

thanks!
-Rob

Re: sshexec exit status 127

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.