Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "zhaoyi0113@gmail.com" <zh...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/09 08:19:41 UTC

How can I declare a MBean queue

I want to declare a queue with MBean support. When I use jconsole to connect
to QPID broker, I can see the queue MBeanInfo which is defined in qpid
configuration file. But when I declare a queue by JMS, I couldn't see the
queue info in the jconsole. I think it requires a step to register the queue
as a JMX object. How can I do this in QPID java client?

Thanks,
Zhao Yi

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: How can I declare a MBean queue

Posted by "zhaoyi0113@gmail.com" <zh...@gmail.com>.
I run the org.apache.qpid.example.jmsexample.requestResponse.Server class.
Then I use JConsole to connect to this JMX. The MBean page doesn't show
VirtualHost.Queue. It shows JMImplementation, com.sun.management, java.lang
and java.util.logging. None of them is QPID related MBean, right?

Posted by "Sorin S." <ss...@gmail.com>.
Are you sure that after you ran Server.java and you look at the
VirtualHost.Queue  MBean and select your virtual host name (eg test)
you don't see there the example.Request queue? I can see it clearly
here...
You can also use VirtualHost.VirtualHostManager MBean which has an
method called  createNewQueue (see Operations) where you can create
your queue.

Thanks,

Sorin

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 2:47 PM, zhaoyi0113@gmail.com
<zh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You are right. When I start the Server.java, I can connect to the MBean by
> jconsole. But there is no queue found in jconsole.

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Sorin S

Posted by "zhaoyi0113@gmail.com" <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Sorin S." <ss...@gmail.com>.
Every queue you create will be reflected in the jconsole (that is, our
JMX layer manages all the underlying objects). If you don't see your
queue on jconsole it really means you have not created it. A quick way
of creating a queue is to start a consumer on a queue (the queue will
be created if it does not alreay exist - e.g. you can run  Server.java
from the client examples - this will create example.RequestQueue on
the virtual host test).

Thanks,

Sorin