Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/30 08:25:56 UTC

Pootle account

Hi,
I can't access my Pootle account. I tried even to reset the password but
keeps saying username and password don't match.
What is wrong here?
Regards,
Pedro

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Em 25/01/2014 21:18, Andrea Pescetti escreveu:
> On 17/01/2014 Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
>> Em 14/01/2014 22:48, Andrea Pescetti escreveu:
>>> Perfect. When you have used your committer account with success for a
>>> few days, please write again and we will remove your old account.
>> So far no problems. I think it's safe to remove the old account.
>
> Account "pedro" deleted. Everything seems OK, but please let us know
> if you notice anything strange.
Ok, thank you.
Regards,
Pedro.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Em 14/01/2014 08:02, Andrea Pescetti escreveu:
> On 13/01/2014 Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
>> Em 13/01/2014 15:30, jan i escreveu:
>>> First login will update the database, and after that you are in the db
>>> and should be able to login.
>> I just did and it's still locked. I even added "@apache.org" the second
>> time but no login.
>
> Note that as Jan wrote you may need to try twice (with no additional
> "@apache.org" and the right password) since the first one will create
> the user, the second one will find your records and login.
>
>> Maybe, most likely, this is a stupid question but couldn't this be some
>> kind of IP adress protection?
>
> I don't think we deal with IP addresses in Pootle management.
>
>> I don't know what a jira is :-[ .
>
> It's here: https://issues.apache.org/jira You need to register and
> file it under INFRA, and there is a subcomponent called "translate".
Ok, it's working fine. Sorry for the trouble. About jira, new account
created. Forgive my ignorance.
Regards,
Pedro.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Em 13/01/2014 15:30, jan i escreveu:
> please try again. It might very well be that the very first time you login,
> you get a message "First ......", and your login does not succeed then
> please try again.
>
> First login will update the database, and after that you are in the db and
> should be able to login.
I just did and it's still locked. I even added "@apache.org" the second
time but no login.
Maybe, most likely, this is a stupid question but couldn't this be some
kind of IP adress protection?
> rgds
> jan I.
>
> Ps. For future ref. please make a jira (INFRA-) those will be seen, here on
> ML it only seen by chance.
I certainly will. Please tell me how to do it or, alternatively, where
to find the instructions. I don't know what a jira is :-[ .
Regards,
Pedro.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Em 13/01/2014 09:25, jan i escreveu:
> On 13 January 2014 08:17, Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> Jan has now fixed the access to the admin area, so I could take a look.
>>>
>>> Pedro is user "pedro" in Pootle. But "pedro" is also an Apache ID in use
>>> (by someone else). Pedro's Apache ID is "pmralbuquerque", which is unused
>>> in Pootle local accounts.
>>>
>>> So: Pedro, please use "pmralbuquerque" and if you have problems in
>>> resetting your password from https://id.apache.org/ please let us know.
>>> Do not use "pedro", since it conflicts with another Apache ID and we will
>>> eventually remove it once we are sure that you can use "pmralbuquerque".
>>>
>> Hi
>> I just tried login with pmralbuquerque and couldn't. I checked Apache
>> reset (https://id.apache.org/) and it works fine, so the problem is only
>> in Pootle. I can't login with the Apache ID. The other account, "pedro"
>> works fine. Please take a look and let me know.
>>
> I just logged in with jani and I can see pescetti was logged in earlier,
> just for information.
please take a look: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk594akwi65zjmj/Login.png
I'm sure the Apache ID and password are correctly entered.
You can certainly see that I have been working all morning in Pootle
with the account "pedro", so I don't think it's a Pootle login problem.
I don't know more.
Regards,
Pedro.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Em 08/01/2014 14:05, jan i escreveu:
> On 8 January 2014 11:02, Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> There could be some confusion due to the fact that you became a committer

>> mismatch error between username and password. Both username and passwords
>> (committer and Pootle) are different so there shouldn't be a problem. What
>> should I do?
>>
> your committer id should work, unless someone (normally andrea) have
> created the same id locally in pootle. In case local id == committer id, we
> need to remove the local ID. In case local id != committer id, you should
> be able to use both, however if you have tried the committer id more than 3
> times its blocked, and you need to reset it https://id.apache.org/
>
> There is a problem at the moment with the admin interface on pootle, infra
> (me) is working on solving that.
OK, I'll wait for the solution. Mean time I'll try the reset, just in
case. Thank you.
Regards,
Pedro.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Em 30/12/2013 08:52, jan i escreveu:
> On 30 December 2013 09:31, Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> First of all, note that there are maintenance operations going on these
>>> days (Infra tries to warn us in advance, but they can't always foresee
>>> downtime in a very precise way). So don't worry if you find Pootle offline
>>> for a few hours or if the behavior is not as expected.
>>>
>>> There could be some confusion due to the fact that you became a committer
>>> in the meantime, and this means that you have a local Pootle account but
>>> also a committer account that you can use.
>>>
>>> So: the first attempt I would make is to use your committer account. You
>>> can reset the password for it at https://id.apache.org/ and your
>>> username is the one listed at http://people.apache.org/
>>> committers-by-project.html#openoffice
>>>
>>> If this doesn't work, let me know (offline is OK too) and we'll set a
>>> password. We'll probably want to disable your local account later, since
>>> you no longer need it and the committer account gives you more permissions.
>>>
>>>   I'll try the committer account later, after lunch. I assume the password
>> will be the same, so I won't reset it for now. Thank you.
>>
> Depending on your lunch time, it might be a bit early. We expect the site
> (see status.apache.org) to be down until later this afternoon. We have some
> serious issues with security and login, that we try to handle.
I don't have lunch that late!;-)
I'll work on Pootle tomorrow than, thank you.
Regards,
Pedro.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: Pootle account

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Em 30/12/2013 07:39, jan i escreveu:
> If you have done it right now. Then you get a screen saying "server error",
> thats because its being upgraded.
OK, thank you.
Regards,
Pedro.