Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by jake123 <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/07 19:22:49 UTC

How to use the FCKEditor

Hi, does anybody know how to use the FCKEditor?

I have downloaded the files and started to follow the steps described in
http://www.tapestrycomponents.org/Tassel/app?service=external/ViewComponent&sp=SFCKeditorTA,
but the link for the example page does not work.

So if anybody have used this components I would be really thankful if
someone could post some example on how to use this component or give me some
pointers.

Thanks,
Jacob

Re: How to use the FCKEditor

Posted by jake123 <ja...@gmail.com>.
Okey, some more info.

I have followed the steps from Tassel.
- I have added tha library to my .application like this:
  <library id="fckEditor"
specification-path="classpath:/man/library/ManSH.library"/>

- I have unzipped the js.zip to my application...

- I have created a html file like this:

<head>
	<title raw="true" jwcid="titleTag">Web Admin</title>
	<link href="/default/css/default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
	<script type="text/javascript" src="js/FCKeditor/fckeditor.js"/>
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="js/FCKeditor/editor/css/fck_editorarea.css"/>
</head>
	<textarea textAreaId="MyTextArea" toolbar="Default"
jwcid="@fckEditor:FCKeditorTA" rows="10" cols="40"></textarea>

and when I run it I get a page source that look like this:
<head>
	<title>Default Web Site</title>
	<link href="/default/css/default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
	<script type="text/javascript" src="js/FCKeditor/fckeditor.js"/>
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="js/FCKeditor/editor/css/fck_editorarea.css"/>
</head>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!--
   var oFCKeditor_MyTextArea = new FCKeditor( 'MyTextArea') ;
       oFCKeditor_MyTextArea.BasePath = "js/FCKeditor/" ;
	   oFCKeditor_MyTextArea.Height = "200";
	   oFCKeditor_MyTextArea.Width = "100%";
       oFCKeditor_MyTextArea.ToolbarSet  = "Default";
       oFCKeditor_MyTextArea.ReplaceTextarea() ;
// --></script></body>

My problem is that the page is empty, nothing is showing in the page. No
textarea, no editor with toolbars... nothing. Does anybody know how to fix
this?

Thanks,
Jacob

How to handle image upload in FCKeditorTA

Posted by jake123 <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I have a question about the image upload functionallity in FCKeditorTA. Does
anybody know if it is posible to configure this to take a image location
from the local browser instead of Image URL? Can I control the other tabs in
the dialog box also? I don't want my clients to have the ability to edit all
of the options that is availible.

Thanks,
Jacob

Re: How to use the FCKEditor

Posted by jake123 <ja...@gmail.com>.
thanks you for your help I have the component working now

Cheers,
Jacob

Re: How to use the FCKEditor

Posted by Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Please check out the online examples (source code are
there) and documentation on the parameters from

http://lombok.demon.co.uk/tapestry4Demo/app

Shing

--- jake123 <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks, the link is working now... Can you give me
> some pointers on how to
> make the component work?
>
> thanks
> Jacob