Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net> on 2007/02/10 16:21:24 UTC

[SITE] Legal section in Incubation policy.

Hi everyone,

On the http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Exiting+the+Incubator page
there is a Legal item with the content of :

No non ASL or ASL compatbile dependencies in the code base

Which kind of reads weird to me, it would probably read better as

No non ASL or *non* ASL compatbile dependencies in the code base

I know what was meant, but if you just read it it looks like you shouldn't have ASL compatible
dependencies :)

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: [SITE] Legal section in Incubation policy.

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
+1 indeed.. I found more typos on the page, so I'll fix this one too :)

Mvgr,
Martin

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 2/10/07, Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...How about we do away with the double negatives and say "The code base
> must contain only ASL and ASL-compatible licensed dependencies."  ?...

Sure, it's much better!

-Bertrand

Re: [SITE] Legal section in Incubation policy.

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
On 2/10/07, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2/10/07, Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net> wrote:
>
> > ...No non ASL or ASL compatbile dependencies in the code base..
>
> You're right, I have replaced the phrase with "No non ASL or non ASL
> compatible dependencies in the code base".

How about we do away with the double negatives and say "The code base
must contain only ASL and ASL-compatible licensed dependencies."  ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_negative

Yoav

Re: [SITE] Legal section in Incubation policy.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.