Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> on 2002/06/29 13:19:07 UTC

What does this error mean loading mod_jk module?

When I start Apache, I get this:

> Can't locate API module structure `jk_module' in file
> /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so:
> /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr.so.0: undefined symbol: jk_module

I'm not very familiar with DLLs on linux, so I don't really know how to
go about solving this problem. RH 7.2, Apache 2.0.39, Tomcat 4.0.4, I
built the connector from source, copied mod_jk2.so to the apache2
modules directory.

Thanks for any help

--Rick

Re: What does this error mean loading mod_jk module?

Posted by Liam Morley <lm...@gdc.wpi.edu>.
Rick,
I found that a big tricky as well. It took a little guesswork, but the
name of the module has been changed- instead of "jk_module", it should
be named "jk2_module". If you make that change in your httpd.conf, you
should be all set.

Liam Morley

Posted by Mark Pelillo <pe...@earthlink.net>.
The line in the httpd.conf "LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk2.so" is
incorrect.  It should be "LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so"