Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr> on 2005/05/02 22:45:13 UTC

Initialization simpliification in next versions?

Hi.

I just want to ask is there gonna be some change in Picasso or in future
regarding initialization methods? Naming or whatever?

We all know how much confusion did initialize() method bring to newbies
although it is legacy now...
Implementing PageRenderListener is nicer, and it works for *page* pre-render
initialization, but what about components? It's still awkward way to
override prepareForRender() method as follows just for sake of
initialization logic :

public void prepareForRender(IRequestCycle cycle) {
  super.prepareForRender(cycle);
  ...// do initialization
}

Don't you agree?
Actually, it would be best if there was single interface that would be for
pre-render initialization, regardless of page or component, but since it's
too late now, I hope something can be done at least regarding component...

Cheers,
Vjeran