Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2012/10/05 15:49:14 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 5.5.36

The proposed Apache Tomcat 5.5.36 release is now available for voting.

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.36/
The svn tag is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc5.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_5_5_36/

The proposed 5.5.36 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 5.5.36 Stable

Note that this is expected to be the last 5.5.x release.

Cheers,

Mark

[VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat 5.5.36

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding):     markt, rjung, kkolinko

No other votes were cast.

The vote therefore passes. I'll start the release process.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 5.5.36

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 05/10/2012 14:49, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 5.5.36 release is now available for voting.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.36/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc5.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_5_5_36/
>
> The proposed 5.5.36 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 5.5.36 Stable

Windows installer works in 64-bit environment

Servlet 2.4 TCK passes (HTTP BIO only)
JSP 2.0 TCK passes (HTTP BIO only)

No security manager
(servlet TCK fails with security manager - not a regression)
Java 1.5.22 - 64-bit
Windows XP Pro SP2 64-bit

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Ping.

One more PMC +1 is required for this release.

Mark

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 09/10/2012 13:58, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> 2012/10/5 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 5.5.36 release is now available for voting.
>>
>> It can be obtained from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.36/
>> The svn tag is:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc5.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_5_5_36/
>>
>> The proposed 5.5.36 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [x] Stable - go ahead and release as 5.5.36 Stable
>>

> Content of distributive files is OK. No changes / omissions noted.
>
> Regarding files on dist.a.o:
> 1. There exists
> /repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-5/README.html
>
> Note that has to be manually updated to mention the new version once
> the release is published.

Will do.

> 2. There is no README.html in
> /repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.36/
> but there was one in 5.5.35
> /repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.35/

Fixed.

Thanks.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2012/10/5 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 5.5.36 release is now available for voting.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.36/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc5.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_5_5_36/
>
> The proposed 5.5.36 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [x] Stable - go ahead and release as 5.5.36 Stable

Content of distributive files is OK. No changes / omissions noted.

Regarding files on dist.a.o:
1. There exists
/repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-5/README.html

Note that has to be manually updated to mention the new version once
the release is published.

2. There is no README.html in
/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.36/
but there was one in 5.5.35
/repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.35/

Tested zip and exe binary distributions using Win XP JDK 6u35 32-bit,
running with security manager enabled, with BIO and APR connectors
(Native 1.1.24).

All is OK.

The "Thread Dump" command on Tomcat service manager icon in the tray
area fails with "Unable to open the Event Mutex". It is a known issue
in Apache Commons Daemon 1.0.10,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON-252

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 5.5.36

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 06/10/2012 21:33, Rainer Jung wrote:

> - Minor things:
>
>   - STATUS.txt in svn, but not in src tar and zip
>     (I guess that's expected)

Yep.

>   - Some javadoc warnings (but no regression from 5.5.35),
>     TC 5.5 was never 100% clean for javadoc (details see below)

Fixed in case ther is ever another release. Thanks.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 05.10.2012 15:49, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 5.5.36 release is now available for voting.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.36/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc5.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_5_5_36/
>
> The proposed 5.5.36 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 5.5.36 Stable
>
> Note that this is expected to be the last 5.5.x release.

+1 for release.

- KEYS and RELEASE-NOTES files are missing in top level directory
   They had been put there for previous 5.5 releases.

- MD5 OK
- signatures OK
- gz and zip for src and bin consistent
- src mostly consistent with svn tag
- builds fine
- build result looks consistent with binaries
- No errors in run-tester, even the four previously
   FAILED tests are OK now.
- JMX MBeans only expected change is the new
   maxHeaderCount with value 100 in HTTP protocol handler, so looks OK

Build was done using Java 1.4.2_19, OS was Solaris 10 Sparc.

- Minor things:

   - STATUS.txt in svn, but not in src tar and zip
     (I guess that's expected)

   - Some javadoc warnings (but no regression from 5.5.35),
     TC 5.5 was never 100% clean for javadoc (details see below)

Details for Javadoc:

   [javadoc]
.../connectors/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/Cookies.java:566:
warning - Tag @link: can't find getTokenEndPosition(byte[], int, int,
boolean) in org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Cookies

   [javadoc]
.../container/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/authenticator/FormAuthenticator.java:315:
and 344: warning - End Delimiter } missing for possible See Tag in
comment string: "If the forward to the login page fails and the call

   [javadoc]
.../container/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/connector/Request.java:941:
warning - Tag @link: reference not found: Globals.DISPATCHER_TYPE_ATTR
Globals.DISPATCHER_REQUEST_PATH_ATTR
Globals.CERTIFICATES_ATTR
Globals.CIPHER_SUITE_ATTR
Globals.KEY_SIZE_ATTR
Globals.SSL_SESSION_ID_ATTR

   [javadoc]
.../container/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/connector/Request.java:2239:
warning - @param argument "session" is not a parameter name.

Regards,

Rainer