Posted to user@roller.apache.org by fp <Fr...@impaqgroup.com> on 2007/09/19 16:24:53 UTC

Re: Struggling to get Roller 3.1 running on Websphere 6.0 (SOLVED)

Very glad you finally got it running!

Andrew Stevens wrote:
 > To finish, a couple of questions/suggestions for the developers:
 >
 > What JDK is the minimum requirement for the current version of
Roller?  I haven't noticed anything definitive on the
 >web site; the closest I've found is that the Installation Guide says
it "describes how to install Roller in the following
 >environment ... Java 2 SE 1.4 SDK (or later)".

I have no problem running Roller 4.0 using JDK 1.6 with Tomcat 5.0.? but
I'm rebuilding Roller from the source.
Tomcat has Xerces-J 2.6.2 (xercesImpl.jar) in its common/endorsed and
that doesn't seem to cause any worry.
I haven't upgraded any other Roller JAR aside from the Spring ones since
I'm happily experimenting with that.

On a WAS related topic, I'm curious to know if someone ever tried Roller
on Websphere 6.1 - which is J2EE 1.4.
I've noticed that by default Websphere 6.1 won't allow JNDI lookups from
a Thread that is not created by WAS itself, so I'm not sure of what's
going to happen with the asynchronous processes in Roller if using the
JNDI datasource and how WAS handles javax.concurrency.* used by Roller.

Any light from anyone on the matter?

Denis

I have succesfully deployed ROLLER 3.1.1 with WAS 6.1, JDK 5.0, DERBY 10.1,
but failed to deploy the same WAR to WAS 6.0.15, JDK 1.4 an get this crazzy
Hibernate-Exception.
Can anyone help or give me a hint, how to work around this problem.
In WAS i used the jndi-name:jdbc/rollerdb as Derby embedded non-XA  JDBC
Provider
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedConnectionPoolDataSource

I tried to changed the hibernate.cfg.xml, but got
org.apache.roller.business.hibernate.HibernateRollerImpl <init> Error
initializing Hibernate
                                 java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
org/apache/roller/business/hibernate/HibernatePersistenceStrategy, method:
<init> signature: (Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V) Incompatible
argument to method
	at
org.apache.roller.business.hibernate.HibernateRollerImpl.<init>(HibernateRollerImpl.java:74)
---
        <property
name="connection.datasource">java:comp/env/jdbc/rollerdb</property>

         <property
name="hibernate.current_session_context_class">thread</property>
	  <property
name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver</property>
	  <property
name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:derby:rollerdb;create=true</property>
	  <property name="hibernate.connection.username">APP</property>
	 <property name="hibernate.connection.password">APP</property>
        <property
name="hibernate.dialect">hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.DerbyDialect</property>