Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by St...@commtrain.com on 2001/11/20 16:16:10 UTC

Files Configuration

Hallo.

I'm a new user to WebDav. I have running Slide 1.0.16 on TC4.0 with
JDBCDescriptorsStore in SQL Server 7.0.
I'm developing a WEB ASP Application & the user should can write/edit some
documents. I want to try if I can use the WebDav for this job. I thing it's
not a bad idea.

Examples Scenario:
/users

----/GROUP1

     ----/user1...
----/GROUP2

     ----/user2...
/files

----/1
----/2
1. I want to have separated directory for every GROUPx i /files
Now I use this configuration & it's OK, but as you see it's not convenient
way to do this. I have tried some other ways, but didnt find the best way.

      <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="
/files">
           <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode"
uri="/files/1">
             <permission action="/actions" subject="+/users/GROUP1"
inheritable="true" negative="false"/>
             <permission action="/actions/read" subject="+/users/GROUP2"
inheritable="true" negative="true"/>
           </objectnode>
           <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode"
uri="/files/2">
             <permission action="/actions" subject="+/users/GROUP2"
inheritable="true" negative="false"/>
             <permission action="/actions" subject="+/users/GROUP1"
inheritable="true" negative="true"/>
           </objectnode>
        </objectnode>

Actually I want to do the whole configuration by direct writing in my
SLIDE-Db on the Server, but couldn't saw the way to do this. I have tried
to add this information manually, but it didn't worked, and not save it in
the Domain.xml file.

If you have some ideas, it will be helpful for me. 10x in advance. May be
my way of thinking is not right.

cheff

Re: Files Configuration

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
The domain.xml isn't updated by the slide engine, it is only used to
initialize the slide stores. If you use the slide client to create
directories and grant permissions to them then those directories are
only stored in your database.
There is also a web admin application to create users / directories.

Using the domain.xml files has the advantage that when you deleted
something by accident, you only have to restart the server and your
initial configuration is restored.

Dirk