Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Anish Sneh <an...@techblue.co.uk> on 2010/02/17 10:36:02 UTC

Server side functionality - based upon the URL (Domain/Virtual Host)

Hi All

I need to apply a server side functionality which will be based upon the
URL (Domain/Virtual Host) for which the request is coming. e.g. if the
request is coming for www.abc.com server should treat it differently,
else if it is coming for www.xyz.com or www.abc.ca it should be treated
differently.

I wanted to achieve this using XSLT (if possible), please suggest how
can I achieve this.

TIA

--
Anish Sneh
Software Engineer

Re: Server side functionality - based upon the URL (Domain/Virtual Host)

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <fr...@everett.it>.
On 17/feb/10, at 10:36, Anish Sneh wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I need to apply a server side functionality which will be based upon
> the URL (Domain/Virtual Host) for which the request is coming. e.g.
> if the request is coming for www.abc.com server should treat it
> differently, else if it is coming for www.xyz.com or www.abc.ca it
> should be treated differently.
>
> I wanted to achieve this using XSLT (if possible), please suggest
> how can I achieve this.

I think that the simplest approach could be to use the host selector
in your sitemap [1] to decide which XSLT (or which parameter value to
pass to an XSLT) to use in the pipeline.

Cheers.

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/host-selector.html