Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ahmed Kadwa <ak...@grintek.com> on 2005/09/08 17:42:13 UTC

for fututre Releases

Hi,

It would be useful to also include an xdelta that can be downloaded to
upgrade between releases.
See: http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=3.2/download.html

The xdelta can de used to patch the tar.gz binary to the latest release.

I really enjoy using subversion & all the guys that have contributed to
this effort really deserve a pat on the back

Regards

Thanks
mujahid@tigris.org

Re: for fututre Releases

Posted by Marcus Rohrmoser <mr...@gmx-gmbh.de>.
kfogel@collab.net schrieb:
> "Ahmed Kadwa" <ak...@grintek.com> writes:
>
>>It would be useful to also include an xdelta that can be downloaded to
>>upgrade between releases.
>>See: http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=3.2/download.html
>>
>>The xdelta can de used to patch the tar.gz binary to the latest release.
>

> This would be a fairly non-standard way of distributing new releases,
> and although I see the advantages for low-bandwidth users, I think the
> extra trouble would not be worth it for the release manager(s).
> Especially since most people seem to be getting Subversion from their
> operating system's package distribution system, not from source,
> anyway.

What about committing the binaries to a (separate) distribution repo?

>>I really enjoy using subversion & all the guys that have contributed to
>>this effort really deserve a pat on the back

Full ack!

Greetings,

Re: for fututre Releases

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"Ahmed Kadwa" <ak...@grintek.com> writes:
> It would be useful to also include an xdelta that can be downloaded to
> upgrade between releases.
> See: http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=3.2/download.html
>
> The xdelta can de used to patch the tar.gz binary to the latest release.

This would be a fairly non-standard way of distributing new releases,
and although I see the advantages for low-bandwidth users, I think the
extra trouble would not be worth it for the release manager(s).
Especially since most people seem to be getting Subversion from their
operating system's package distribution system, not from source,
anyway.

> I really enjoy using subversion & all the guys that have contributed to
> this effort really deserve a pat on the back

Thanks (on behalf of everyone)!

-Karl

--
www.collab.net  <>  CollabNet  |  Distributed Development On Demand