Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Hasmik Sarkezians <ha...@zoominfo.com.INVALID> on 2022/07/22 14:16:38 UTC

BufferUnderFlowException

Does anyone know what would be the reason for BufferUnderFlowException
while solr is reading?
We have a profiler setup and at times we are seeing a lot of exceptions
related to buffer underflow exception:

[image: image.png]

Any insights would be appreciated.

thanks,
hasmik
--

Hasmik Sarkezians

Senior Director, Applications

M:

O:

E: hasmik.sarkezians@zoominfo.com

275 Wyman St.
Waltham, MA 02451

www.zoominfo.com

[image: Add our best pipeline plays to your playbook!]
<https://signatures.zoominfo.com/uc/6228bfdaf1c5381fbaa4708b/c_627e849ceb42670018f8f1ee/b_627e85085a417d00198a874a>

Re: [External Email] Re: BufferUnderFlowException

Posted by Hasmik Sarkezians <ha...@zoominfo.com.INVALID>.
Basically the call stack is this:

SegmentTermsEnum.seekExact
SegmentTermsEnumFrame.loadBlock()
ByteBufferIndexInput.readBytes
ByteBufferGuide.getBytes
DirectByteBuffer.get
ByteBuffer.get
Buffer.nextGetIndex
BufferUnderflowException.init

At times we see a lot of such exceptions and cannot find, what could be
possible explanation for this.

thanks,
hasmik

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.