Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ro...@ipaustralia.gov.au on 2012/07/25 04:42:23 UTC

Re: Content repository not initializing [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Dude

You are using an unsupported version of jackrabbit, you dont describe your
deployment, is this a problem with an existing repository, can it be
reproduced with a new repository
you need to supply some details!

Ross

From:   AtulMaurya <at...@gmail.com>
To:     users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Date:   23/07/2012 05:06 PM
Subject:        Re: Content repository not initializing

Hello everyone,

I am new to Jackrabbit and badly in need of help on the issue above.
please
suggest me something if you have some idea. I have tried all the work
around
suggested on different forums for this issue.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Re: Content repository not initializing [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Posted by AtulMaurya <at...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for the replies.. I resolved the issue.. it was a database
issue and nothing from JackRabbit was to be corrected. Actually the database
was migrated from MS SQL to Oracle and the and this caused the corruption of
BLOB data. After correcting the migrate utility the issue got resolved
itself and the repository is getting started normally.

Once again thanks very much for the help :)

Re: Content repository not initializing [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@onehippo.com>.
Well I'm not really experienced with Oracle or so much of the
underlaying DBs, but apparently you have a constraint violation. If I
were you I would check to see if the triggers and constraints are
correct for that specific table.

Jeroen

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM, AtulMaurya <at...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> Can anyone suggest me something on the issue?
>

> Thanks and regards,
> Atul

Jeroen Reijn
Solution Architect
Hippo

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

http://about.me/jeroenreijn

Re: Content repository not initializing [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Posted by AtulMaurya <at...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

Posted by AtulMaurya <at...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ross
http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/file/n4656111/jackrabbit_config.xml
jackrabbit_config.xml
http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/file/n4656111/repository.xml
repository.xml ,

Thanks very much for the reply. My deployment and configuration details are
as follows-

We are using Jackrabbit 1.5.5 repository in build in our application (using
all the relevant jars). The application is deployed on weblogic/JBoss.
The problem that I am facing is on Oracle Database. Initially the repository
was working fine but at some point it stopped working and gave this
exception.
The repository is still working with our sample database, its giving the
exceptions only with the customer database(I am sorry I can not provide the
connection details to the DB).

Initailly I was getting following exception-

Caused by: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: File system initialization
failure.: failed to initialize file system: failed to initialize file system
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfigurationParser$2.getFileSystem(RepositoryConfigurationParser.java:769)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfig.getFileSystem(RepositoryConfig.java:666)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:262)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:621)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository$1.getRepository(TransientRepository.java:181)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.startRepository(TransientRepository.java:255)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.login(TransientRepository.java:323)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.login(TransientRepository.java:353)
        <our application calls the login() method with all the required
parameters>
        ... 45 more
Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.FileSystemException: failed to
initialize file system
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem.init(DatabaseFileSystem.java:205)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.OracleFileSystem.init(OracleFileSystem.java:137)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfigurationParser$2.getFileSystem(RepositoryConfigurationParser.java:762)
        ... 54 more
Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.FileSystemException: failed to
create folder entry: /
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem.createDeepFolder(DatabaseFileSystem.java:1392)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem.verifyRootExists(DatabaseFileSystem.java:1360)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem.init(DatabaseFileSystem.java:199)
        ... 56 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: ORA-00001:
unique constraint (XYZ Table) violated

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:85)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:133)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:206)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:455)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:413)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:1034)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:194)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForRows(T4CPreparedStatement.java:953)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1222)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3387)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3488)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.execute(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:1374)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem.executeStmt(DatabaseFileSystem.java:1074)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DatabaseFileSystem.createDeepFolder(DatabaseFileSystem.java:1383)
        ... 58 more

Then I modifed the XYZ table in the database and got the error mentioned in
my first post.

I am also uploading the configuration file that we use to configure
Jackrabbit and repository.xml.