Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Garafola Timothy <ti...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/26 00:24:43 UTC

solr_hostname in scripts.conf

I've a question.  Is it safe to use 'localhost' as solr_hostname in
scripts.conf?

--
-Tim

Re: solr_hostname in scripts.conf

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Tim,

If localhost doesn't work for some reason, you can always use 127.0.0.1 .  That "localhost" is typically defined in /etc/hosts .

Otis

Posted by Bill Au <bi...@gmail.com>.
That should be OK.  I did a quick scan of all the scripts that use
$solr_hostname.  It defaults to localhost if it is not set.

Bill