Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by James Jeffrey <Ja...@cpp.co.uk> on 2012/09/10 16:40:02 UTC

List of New Features in 4.0

Hello,

Sorry if it already exists - I've looked but failed to find. Is there a list of new features in 4.0 please?

Thanks,

James

This is an email from CPPGroup Plc, a company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 07151159. Registered office: Holgate Park, York, YO26 4GA.
This message may contain information that is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
you may not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by email, facsimile or telephone and either
return or destroy the original message.

CPPGroup Plc accepts no responsibility for any changes made to this message after it has been sent
by the original author. This email has been scanned for all viruses by the Webroot Email Security System.

Re: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by Shanker Balan <ma...@shankerbalan.net>.
Hello,

Chiradeep Vittal wrote,
> Autoscaling is still pending a merge and is unlikely to make it into 4.0.

Hopefully the licencing is sorted out in time for the 4.0 release. :)

<snip>

--
http://shankerbalan.net/

Re: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
This question should be addressed on the cloudstack-dev@i.a.o list.
I'll forward to that list and comment there.

RE: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by Vijay Venkatachalam <Vi...@citrix.com>.
6825 - It is a part fix, looks like it only cleans basic network. My take is to ship it and fix the advance network in a subsequent checkin.
	I will submit the advanced network fix this week or early next week.
6895 - There are minor changes to uploaded diff I will send an updated diff today.
6899 - is reviewed, can someone commit?

> There is still an outstanding issue that the Autoscale API should not refer to
> snmp counters but should use key value pairs instead

I have done changes for this, I will send a patch by tomorrow for review.

Thanks,
Vijay V.

Re: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
There are this set of reviews:
6825, 6895, 6899 already open?

There is still an outstanding issue that the Autoscale API should not
refer to snmp counters but should use key value pairs instead. This has

RE: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by Vijay Venkatachalam <Vi...@citrix.com>.

RE: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by James Jeffrey <Ja...@cpp.co.uk>.
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.

I've put together a high level release page so everyone can get information.  Please add and edit as you see fit.  See [1].

--Alex

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.0+Release

Re: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by Shanker Balan <ma...@shankerbalan.net>.
Hello,

Alex Huang wrote,
> Hi,
>
> I've put together a high level release page so everyone can get information.  Please add and edit as you see fit.  See [1].
>
> --Alex
>
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+4.0+Release

This link is very useful. Thanks for putting it together.

--
http://shankerbalan.net/

RE: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

RE: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

Re: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
Moved to the dev list:

RE: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by Vijay Venkatachalam <Vi...@citrix.com>.

Re: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Inter-VLAN Routing (aka VPC)
Site-to-Site VPN
Local Storage Support for Data Volumes
Tagging virtual resources
AWS API Changes for Tags

Re: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.

Re: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by Shanker Balan <ma...@shankerbalan.net>.

Re: List of New Features in 4.0

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <pr...@citrix.com>.
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 01:37:28PM -0400, Alena Prokharchyk wrote:
> 2 more off the top of my head:
>
> * S2S VPN for Virtual Router - can work as a part of VPC only.

This is not S2S between VR and VR, correct? Just VR and an externally
configured HW device, correct?

> * ASW-style tags for cloudStack resources -
> http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/RelOps/Tags+functional+spec

Can this be moved to cwiki.a.o?

--
Prasanna.,