Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike c <ur...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/03 04:56:45 UTC

Problem with context path /webapps

Hi,

I am trying to migrate some of our applications currently deployed on Tomcat
4.1 to Tomcat 5.5 and I cannot get any applications that have a context path
that starts with /webapps to work.  I am getting a 404 error on all these
contexts.  Does 5.5 not allow a context paths to start webapps?  Here is an
example context file I've tried.

<Context path="/webapps/test" docBase="test" reloadable="true" />

Thanks,

Mike

RE: Problem with context path /webapps

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: "Mike c" [urs...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Problem with context path /webapps
>
> I am trying to migrate some of our applications currently
> deployed on Tomcat 4.1 to Tomcat 5.5 and I cannot get any
> applications that have a context path that starts with
> /webapps to work.

Depending on where your <Context> elements reside, the path and docBase
attributes may well be ignored.  The path attribute is valid only for
<Context> elements in server.xml, and docBase only for those in
server.xml or stored under conf/Catalina/[host].  Check the doc:

In particular, pay attention to the bold-face notes, and the description
of the path attribute:

"The value of this field must not be set except when statically defining
a Context in server.xml, as it will be infered [sic] from the filenames
used for either the .xml context file or the docBase."

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: Problem with context path /webapps

Posted by mike spisak <ms...@pb.net>.
hi mike,

try removing the leading "/" in the path...  e.g. <Context
path="webapps/test" docBase="test" reloadable="true" />

--i believe that's causing your problem, assuming the "webapps"
directory is under your tomcat home.

hope this helps,
mike