Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Cristina <cr...@acm.org> on 2007/09/01 03:51:32 UTC

Re: Rendering a BoxBorder without the black line border

Hi Eelco,

thanks so much for your reply. Let me try to explain myself better... I've
started with a BoxBorder mainly because the Navomatic example uses it around
a navigation menu: actually, what I'm trying to build is something between 5
and 10 reusable navigation menus.

I've already built a test navigation menu following the Navomatic example
and it works just fine... Now, as I'm trying to use CSS-only styling, I
first thought of using a BoxBorder with the black line set to not visible.
Thies pointed out that I should extend Border and provide my own markup to
get this kind of effect. But then, thanks to Igor's remarks, I realized that
I may be using a Border where I should be using another container for the
Links that make up the menu.

Would you please recommend another navigation menu example, or suggest which
container I should use in place of BoxBorder, if this is the case?

Regards,

Cristina

Posted by Cristina <cr...@acm.org>.
Hi Eelco,

I realized that I haven't truly understood the Navomatic example... So I got
back to the API JavaDoc. Now I clearly see that the NavomaticBorder in the
example is a concrete subclass of Border composed of 2 instances of
BoxBorder: the 1st holds the navigation menu while the 2nd holds the page
contents itself.

What I need, on the other hand, is just a concrete subclass of Border
without any other instances of a Border subclass inside. I just removed the
"empty" Border subclass I've previously included and the code looks clean
now :-).

Thank you,

Cristina

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.