Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Joe <fi...@yahoo.de> on 2007/10/11 13:46:45 UTC

passing user defined datatypes

Hi,

To have an easy readable code i have written a method
which do the casting to my shared client/server interface.

public <T> T getInstance(Class<T> clazz) {
 return (T) factory.newInstance(clazz);
}

where factory is an instance of
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.util.ClientFactory

So code on the client side looks quite well:

IServerInfo server = getInstance(IServerInfo.class);
String version = server.getVersion();

The next i need is a way to easy pass my own parameter
types via xmlrpc.

Currently i have a POJO like that
public class Person
{
 String name;
 String city;
}

Currently i do the following to transfer the data of this
POJO to the server:
IGroup group = getInstance(IGroup.class);
group.add(person.getName(), person.getCity(),...);

But i want to do it in this way:
IGroup group = getInstance(IGroup.class);
group.add(person);

What i have to do to pass my own parameter types via xmlrpc calls?