Posted to users@maven.apache.org by asookazian <as...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/02 19:05:28 UTC

Maven 3 Shell CLI: how to use?

How can I use the Maven Shell in Maven 3?

It's not stated here: http://mvnsh.sonatype.org/faq.html

Here: http://mvnsh.sonatype.org/index.html

it states you need to download the Maven Shell CLI.  Is it not already
included in Maven 3.0-BETA1?  I have used maven-cli-plugin as documented in
Dan Allen's blog with Maven 2.x.  thx.

Re: Maven 3 Shell CLI: how to use?

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.
I think it is more important to put a proper structure in that can be used
going forward with Maven 3 that works better than the current site plugin
than to maintain backwards compatibility form a pom perspective.

As I understand it maven 3 will have on par support for the site plugin in
terms of features, but rely on a better way of configuring it in the pom.
Since there are enough hooks in maven to make sure the right maven version
is used I think this is a totally reasonable approach.

It will be good to be rid of the reporting section in the pom. I can wait
for maven 3 with working reporting - exciting. But until then sonar it
pretty damn awesome to play with too ;-)

manfred

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <ka...@kathrynhuxtable.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <ka...@kathrynhuxtable.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.

Posted by asookazian <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.
Maven Shell != Maven 3

The Maven Shell is not something Sonatype is supporting yet.

On Jul 2, 2010, at 1:05 PM, asookazian wrote:

> How can I use the Maven Shell in Maven 3?
>
> It's not stated here: http://mvnsh.sonatype.org/faq.html
>
> Here: http://mvnsh.sonatype.org/index.html
>
> it states you need to download the Maven Shell CLI.  Is it not already
> included in Maven 3.0-BETA1?  I have used maven-cli-plugin as documented in
> Dan Allen's blog with Maven 2.x.  thx.

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Simplex sigillum veri. (Simplicity is the seal of truth.)

Re: Maven 3 Shell CLI: how to use?

Posted by asookazian <as...@gmail.com>.
C:\java\mvnsh-0.10\bin>java -version
java version "1.5.0_22"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_22-b03)

C:\java\mvnsh-0.10\bin>mvn --version
[ERROR] CommandRegistrarImpl - Failed to register command:
org.sonatype.maven.ar
chetype.commands.CreateCommand
com.google.inject.internal.ComputationException:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
 org/apache/maven/project/ProjectBuildingRequest
    at com.google.inject.internal.MapMaker$StrategyImpl.compute
(MapMaker.java:5
53)
    at com.google.inject.internal.MapMaker$StrategyImpl.compute
(MapMaker.java:4
19)
    at com.google.inject.internal.CustomConcurrentHashMap$ComputingImpl.get
(Cus
tomConcurrentHashMap.java:2041)
    at com.google.inject.internal.FailableCache.get (FailableCache.java:46)
    at com.google.inject.ConstructorInjectorStore.get
(ConstructorInjectorStore.
java:52)
    at com.google.inject.ConstructorBindingImpl.initialize
(ConstructorBindingIm
pl.java:57)
    at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.initializeBinding
(InjectorImpl.java:377)
    at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.createJustInTimeBinding
(InjectorImpl.java
:645)
    at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.createJustInTimeBindingRecursive
(Injector
Impl.java:581)
    at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getJustInTimeBinding
(InjectorImpl.java:17
2)
    at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getBindingOrThrow
(InjectorImpl.java:132)
    at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getInternalFactory
(InjectorImpl.java:651)

    at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getProviderOrThrow
(InjectorImpl.java:747)

    at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getProvider (InjectorImpl.java:780)
    at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getProvider (InjectorImpl.java:743)
    at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getInstance (InjectorImpl.java:793)

C:\projects\clean\com.echo.cis.gui>mvn --version
Apache Maven 3.0-beta-1 (r935667; 2010-04-19 10:00:39-0700)
Java version: 1.5.0_22
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_22\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86" Family: "windows"

Re: Maven 3 Shell CLI: how to use?

Posted by asookazian <as...@gmail.com>.
So after I exec 'mvnsh', I see this:

mvnsh(/):C:\java\mvnsh-0.10\bin> mvn --version
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/maven/cli/CLIReportingUtils

mvnsh(/):C:\java\mvnsh-0.10\bin> mvn clean install
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/maven/cli/AbstractMavenTransferListen
er

mvnsh(/):C:\java\mvnsh-0.10\bin> exit
Goodbye!

[...]

    at org.sonatype.gshell.guice.CommandRegistrarImpl.createAction
(CommandRegis
trarImpl.java:144)
    at org.sonatype.gshell.guice.CommandRegistrarImpl.registerCommand
(CommandRe
gistrarImpl.java:131)
    at
org.sonatype.gshell.command.registry.CommandRegistrarSupport.registerComm
and (CommandRegistrarSupport.java:129)
    at
org.sonatype.gshell.command.registry.CommandRegistrarSupport.registerComm
andSet (CommandRegistrarSupport.java:111)
    at org.sonatype.gshell.guice.CommandRegistrarImpl.registerCommandSet
(Comman
dRegistrarImpl.java:80)
    at
org.sonatype.gshell.command.registry.CommandRegistrarSupport.registerComm
ands (CommandRegistrarSupport.java:96)
    at org.sonatype.maven.shell.Main.createShell (Main.java:62)
    at org.sonatype.gshell.MainSupport.boot (MainSupport.java:269)
    at org.sonatype.maven.shell.Main.main (Main.java:67)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.jav
a:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessor
Impl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:592)
    at org.sonatype.gshell.launcher.Launcher.launch (Launcher.java:76)
    at org.sonatype.gshell.launcher.Launcher.run (Launcher.java:48)
    at org.sonatype.gshell.launcher.Launcher.main (Launcher.java:39)
Caused by java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/maven/project/ProjectBuildi
ngRequest
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0 (Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors (Class.java:2357)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors (Class.java:1808)
    at com.google.inject.spi.InjectionPoint.forConstructorOf
(InjectionPoint.jav
a:185)
    at com.google.inject.ConstructorInjectorStore.createConstructor
(Constructor
InjectorStore.java:61)
    at com.google.inject.ConstructorInjectorStore.access$000
(ConstructorInjecto
rStore.java:31)
    at com.google.inject.ConstructorInjectorStore$1.create
(ConstructorInjectorS
tore.java:39)
    at com.google.inject.ConstructorInjectorStore$1.create
(ConstructorInjectorS
tore.java:35)
    at com.google.inject.internal.FailableCache$1.apply
(FailableCache.java:35)
    at com.google.inject.internal.MapMaker$StrategyImpl.compute
(MapMaker.java:5
49)
[...]

org.sonatype.maven.shell.maven.MavenSystemImpl.getVersion(MavenSystem
Impl.java:92)
        at
org.sonatype.maven.shell.commands.maven.MavenCommand.execute(MavenCom
mand.java:270)
        at
org.sonatype.gshell.execute.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecut
orImpl.java:175)
        at
org.sonatype.gshell.execute.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecut
orImpl.java:116)
        at org.sonatype.gshell.shell.ShellImpl.execute(ShellImpl.java:225)
        at org.sonatype.gshell.MainSupport.boot(MainSupport.java:276)
        at org.sonatype.maven.shell.Main.main(Main.java:67)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.sonatype.gshell.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:76)
        at org.sonatype.gshell.launcher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:48)
        at org.sonatype.gshell.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:39)

WARNING: Abnormal JVM shutdown detected

Re: Maven 3 Shell CLI: how to use?

Posted by asookazian <as...@gmail.com>.
So I actually had already downloaded and extracted the zip file for mavensh:

C:\java\mvnsh-0.10\bin

In that directory there is a mvn.bat and mvnsh.bat for Windows.

How do I use this CLI tool?  The readme.txt points to the website and no
specific instructions.  thx.