Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by "Azriel Berger -X (azberger - TRITON UK BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)" <az...@cisco.com.INVALID> on 2019/05/14 12:35:44 UTC

Non-transitive dependency in version 4.5.8

We’ve used the Apache HttpClient using the maven-dependency:
              <dependency>
                     <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
                     <artifactId>httpmime</artifactId>
                     <version>4.5.5</version>
              </dependency>
When I updated the version from 4.5.5 to 4.5.8 – I see failures in compile-time: missing classes etc.
I corrected it to:
              <dependency>
                     <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
                     <artifactId>httpmime</artifactId>
                     <version>4.5.8</version>
              </dependency>
              <dependency>
                     <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
                     <artifactId>httpclient</artifactId>
                     <version>4.5.8</version>
              </dependency>
              <dependency>
                     <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
                     <artifactId>httpcore</artifactId>
                     <version>4.4.11</version>
              </dependency>
Now it compiles successfully, but with these messages:
[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.httpcomponents:httpmime:jar:4.5.8 is invalid, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available, enable debug logging for more details
[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.httpcomponents:httpclient:jar:4.5.8 is invalid, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available, enable debug logging for more details
Can you fix it?

RE: Non-transitive dependency in version 4.5.8

Posted by "Azriel Berger -X (azberger - TRITON UK BIDCO LIMITED c/o Alter Domus (UK) Limited -OBO at Cisco)" <az...@cisco.com.INVALID>.
I do not know how to explain it,
But after a few changes / tests - the problem disappeared!
Thank you for your help.

Azriel Berger
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
azberger@cisco.com
Tel: +972 2 588 6287

Cisco Systems, Inc.
5 Shlomo (Momo) Halevi Street Har Hotzvim High Tech Park
JERUSALEM
9777019
Israel
cisco.com

Think before you print.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/legal/terms-sale-software-license-agreement/company-registration-information.html

I think this may be caused by some invalid files in your local maven repository or in a repository/mirror/proxy you are using.
Could you try with maven central (remove any additional repository from your pom.xml and any mirror/proxy from your maven user settings, also remove the folder org/apache/httpcomponents from your local repository).
If the issue persists let me know.

Posted by Francois-Xavier Bonnet <fr...@centraliens.net>.
Hi Azriel,