Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Samer Mansour <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/02 09:39:26 UTC

[Proposal] AOO 4 Logo - Samer Mansour

Hello all,

For weeks I looked at the logos and thought it would be great if they did
this, or that, or wahn wahn I want it my way.  So rather than thinking it
my head, I put it down.
I really liked Michael Acevedo's design and I expanded on it.  I'm taking a
silhouette approach for easy brand recognition.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.x+-+Logo+Explorations#AOO4.x-LogoExplorations-sm

I also liked Robin's feather, I had a pet bird when I was a kid, the fluffy
feather looked like when it comes from baby birds.
So I made it a less of a young bird's feather and more to a full grown
gull's feather (3.4.1 is a baby, 4.0 will be mature).
Resembles Apache feather as well (OOo integration into Apache Community).

Samer Mansour

Re: [Proposal] AOO 4 Logo - Samer Mansour

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 2/2/13 3:44 AM, Kadal Amutham wrote:
> Two birds with one feather looks good

or without the feather, both are nice. I also like the file type icons,
a good move to a complete brand.

It's nice to see how you all leverage the ideas of each other and
combine it with your own.

Juergen

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.