Posted to announce@apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/03/13 20:05:14 UTC

[SECURITY] CVE-2016-8747 Apache Tomcat Information Disclosure

CVE-2016-8747 Apache Tomcat Information Disclosure

Severity: Moderate

Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation

Versions Affected:
Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M11 to 9.0.0.M15
Apache Tomcat 8.5.7 to 8.5.9

Description
The refactoring to make wider use of ByteBuffer introduced a regression
that could cause information to leak between requests on the same
connection. When running behind a reverse proxy, this could result in
information leakage between users. All HTTP connector variants are
affected but HTTP/2 and AJP are not affected.

Mitigation:
Users of the affected versions should apply one of the following
mitigations:
- Upgrade to Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M17 or later
  (Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M16 has the fix but was not released)
- Upgrade to Apache Tomcat 8.5.11 or later
  (Apache Tomcat 8.5.10 has the fix but was not released)
Earlier versions are not affected

Credit:
This issue was identified by the Tomcat security team.

History:
2017-03-13 Original advisory

[2] http://tomcat.apache.org/security-8.html

Re: Fwd: [SECURITY] CVE-2016-8747 Apache Tomcat Information Disclosure

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
We are not concerned and if we switch to to 8.5 it will be 8.5.9, one worry less

See OFBIZ-7348 for more

Jacques

Le 14/03/2017 � 09:38, Michael Brohl a �crit :