Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org> on 2012/05/09 14:33:17 UTC

Issues about the wiki

Hi.

I think it could be useful opening a new topic for this issue.

I've noticed there are two diferent wikis, in fact. The old one inherited
from OOo, based on Mediawiki and a new one, based on Cwiki. I was wondering
which of them will be the main wiki in the near future.

I have some ideas to propose, but they are attached to the chosen platform.

Thanks in advance.

--
Paulo de Souza Lima
Técnico em Eletrônica e Administrador

"Para que as pessoas conquistem a paz em suas relações, a paz espiritual e
a paz entre os povos, é preciso que antes se ganhe a batalha interna das
virtudes sobre os defeitos" - Talal Husseini - Filósofo Acropolitano

"For people to achieve peace in their relationships, spiritual peace and
the peace among people, it's necessary, earlier, to win the internal battle
between virtues and defects" - Talal Husseini - Acropolitan Philosopher

Re: Issues about the wiki

Posted by Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org>.
Sorry,

I've posted this issue before reading the other messages. There's another
topic open about this issue.

Re: Issues about the wiki

Posted by Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org>.
2012/5/9 Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>

> Re: "Cwiki is a mess, but it works."

> Paulo, will you drive this activity?

Hi.

I would like to help on this task. I can help to organize the main wiki and
take care of pt/pt-br section.

> For my part, I will be refreshing the UX project wiki.

Regards,

Re: Issues about the wiki

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.
Re: "Cwiki is a mess, but it works."

As a new contributor, and having spent a few days in the wiki, I completely
agree with this statement.

Given that we have just achieved a significant milestone, we should take a
few moments to perform some housekeeping.

We should encourage all disciplines to review their wiki content and
archive where appropriate.

The cleaner the wikis, the clearer our mission and tasks at hand. Such
clarity will reduce the barriers to entry and make it easier for new and
existing contributors to reach in, understand our mission and contribute.

Paulo, will you drive this activity?

For my part, I will be refreshing the UX project wiki.

Regards,
Kevin

Re: Issues about the wiki

Posted by Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org>.
2012/5/9 Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>

> Note that we have two websites:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org
>
> and
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg
>
> (When we graduate that second one will change to
> http://openoffice.apache.org)
>
> So why two websites?  Why does this make sense?
>
> Consider this pair of websites as well:
>
> http://www.coca-cola.com/
>
> and
>
> http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/
>
> So the idea is that one website is public-facing, user-facing, about
> the Apache OpenOffice product.
>
> And the other is project-facing, about the project.  It is the website
> (and associated CWiki) where we do the real work.
>
> The user-facing website will have a lot of translated content.  The
> project website will not.  With the user-facing website we should
> spend some extra time to make sure it looks as good as it can.  With
> the project website, we don't want it too look bad, of course.  But it
> is a busy workshop, where things are changing fast.  We're pragmatic,
> not pretty.  The Cwiki is a mess, but it works.
>
> That is the kind of distinction we have between the two websites.
>
> It is important to also note, that they are linked.  For example, on
> the user-facing websites, when we talk about contributing to the
> project, we link them to the project website.
>
> -Rob

Thanks, Rob.

It seems clearer to me now.

Re: Issues about the wiki