Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Bill Blough <de...@blough.us> on 2017/12/10 04:13:35 UTC

SVN access

Hi,

After reading the docs, it's my understanding that I should be able to
use my Apache ID to access (via the https URL) the committer repository, and
also commit to the axis repository.

However, when I try to do either of the above, SVN seems to hang.  If I use
credentials that are incorrect, I immediately get an authentication
failure.  If I use my correct credentials, it just sits there.  I've
left it for an hour before, and found it still sitting there doing
nothing when I came back.  I eventually have to kill the process or else
it just sits there indefinitely.

Has anyone else seen this?  Am I doing something wrong?  Does something
still need to be set up on the backend?

Thanks,
Bill

Re: SVN access

Posted by Bill Blough <de...@blough.us>.
On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 06:38:39AM -0700, robertlazarski . wrote:

> Might be a problem with your ~/.subversion/config or /etc/subversion/config
> file, or other OS equivalent.
>
> This page has an FAQ on common problems.
>
> https://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn-config
>
> If you still have problems let us know.
>
> -R

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the response.  I had already seen that page, but
unfortunately it wasn't much help.  I was hoping someone else had seen
the issue and it was a quick fix.

At any rate, I think it's resolved, or at least worked around.

Since svn's switch from libneon to libserf, debug logging isn't really feasible
(it requires libserf 1.4.0 which isn't released yet), so I had to resort
to running svn through a debugger to see what was going on.  But that
led me to the answer.

Just in case anyone runs into this in the future, the problem was that
svn was trying to store my password in gnome-keyring but due to other
issues (not related to svn) that wasn't working.  Adding
"store-passwords=no" to my svn config works around the issue until I can
resolve the gnome-keyring problem.

Cheers,

Bill

Re: SVN access