Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/30 13:01:10 UTC

Intermediate build issues on the trunk

Hi

Ate Douma has reported the following build issues on the trunk :

[...]
/cxf-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT/api/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/wsdl/TExtensibilityElementImpl.java:
[31,12] cannot find symbol
symbol: class TExtensibilityElement
extends TExtensibilityElement

Shortly above this error is another suspicious error logged by
cxf-xjc:xsdtojava:
[INFO] [cxf-xjc:xsdtojava {execution: generate-sources}]
[ERROR] The declaration for the entity "ContentType" must end with '>'.
line 81 of http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/strict.dtd

See CXF-2997 for more details.

I've seen these build issues too, and usually I 'fix' them by removing a cxf
tree from the local maven repo.
Has anyone seen these errors as well ?

thanks, Sergey

Re: Intermediate build issues on the trunk

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

I wish I could reproduce this.  :-(

When I did:

dkulp@dilbert ~/working/cxf $ mvn clean
dkulp@dilbert ~/working/cxf $ rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/cxf/
dkulp@dilbert ~/working/cxf $ export MAVEN_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=256m -
Xmx512m"
dkulp@dilbert ~/working/cxf $ mvn install

completed fine.

Apache Maven 2.2.1 (r801777; 2009-08-06 15:16:01-0400)
Java version: 1.6.0_20
Java home: /opt/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: ANSI_X3.4-1968
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.35" arch: "amd64" Family: "unix"

Can someone try with:

mvn -Dcompiler.fork=true

and seeing if that helps at all?

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Intermediate build issues on the trunk

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Of late running with a really big -Xmx has made this disappear for me.

Posted by Richard Opalka <ro...@redhat.com>.
  Here U go:

[/home/opalka]>uname -a
Linux opalka-notebook 2.6.34.7-56.fc13.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Sep 15 03:36:55
UTC 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
---
[/home/opalka]>java -version
java version "1.6.0_18"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.8.1) (fedora-42.b18.fc13-x86_64)
---
[/home/opalka]>mvn -version
Apache Maven 2.2.1 (r801777; 2009-08-06 21:16:01+0200)
Java version: 1.6.0_18
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0.x86_64/jre
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.34.7-56.fc13.x86_64" arch: "amd64"
Family: "unix"
---
[/home/opalka]>cat ~/.mavenrc
export MAVEN_OPTS="$MAVEN_OPTS -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"
---

Cheers,

Rio

--
Richard Opalka
ropalka@redhat.com

Office: +420 222 365 200
Mobile: +420 731 186 942

Re: Intermediate build issues on the trunk

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Can I ask some details?

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Intermediate build issues on the trunk

Posted by Richard Opalka <ro...@redhat.com>.

--
Richard Opalka
ropalka@redhat.com

Office: +420 222 365 200
Mobile: +420 731 186 942

Re: Intermediate build issues on the trunk

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.