Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Martin Zdila <m....@mwaysolutions.com> on 2009/04/07 13:24:24 UTC

how to get list of all modules depending on a concrete one?

hello

we are using embedded apache ivy in our build tool (written in java, no ant).
i need an information about what other modules depend on the concrete module.
the reason is that if i change some module, i also need to recompile all
modules depending on it. as for input i can provide ModuleDescriptors of all
the projects in the workspace and ModuleDescriptor of the project the other
modules depend on. please tell me some hint what class/method should i use
from the Ivy API. many methods are not documented so i am often only guessing.

thanks in advance
best regards
--
Martin Zdila
CTO

M-Way Solutions Slovakia s.r.o.
Letna 27, 040 01 Kosice
Slovakia

tel:+421-908-363-848
mailto:m.zdila@mwaysolutions.com
http://www.mwaysolutions.com
xmpp:zdila@jabbim.sk (Jabber)
skype:m.zdila

Re: how to get list of all modules depending on a concrete one?

Posted by Martin Zdila <m....@mwaysolutions.com>.
thanks for your reply, chris

On Friday 17 April 2009 16:57:18 Hilton, Chris wrote:
> I don't know about the API, but you could look at the code for the
> buildlist task and work your way back.

yes, this was my fallback idea. but i was hoping for a better solution as this
feature could be a common requirement. i think gradle handles such backward
dependency (resompiling all dependent projects), but i don't feel to check
their code :o) and subscribe to another one mailing list to ask them :-/

Posted by "Hilton, Chris" <Ch...@zilliant.com>.

Posted by Martin Zdila <m....@mwaysolutions.com>.
nobody? please...