Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian Stakes <br...@voipsupply.com> on 2006/06/21 23:25:07 UTC

[users@httpd] WAMP Server - Running External Application

I have a WAMP server set up and I am trying to use PHP to open an
application on my server.

I am using a simple system call:
system("notepad.exe");

I checked on the PHP mailing list and was unable to come up with a solution.

I am running XP Pro. And Apache is able to interact with the desktop as
determined by services.msc.

I am able to run the script and open the application from the command
line. However, when I try to run it through apache, whether it be a SOAP
call, or a web browser, the application will not load.

How would I be able to achieve this result?

--
Brian Stakes
http://www.voipsupply.com

Re: [users@httpd] WAMP Server - Running External Application

Posted by Brian Stakes <br...@voipsupply.com>.
Mike Jackson wrote:
>> I am using a simple system call:
>> system("notepad.exe");
>
> I hate to suggest a simple solution, but have you tried specifying the
> full path to the executable? I've never used a WAMP setup (other than
> installing XAMPP, saying "oh, cool," then forgetting all about it until
> now), but that looks like it's not searching your path for the program.
> Isn't it usually at c:\windows\system32 on an XP box?

Yes, I am specifying the full path. The application will execute when
the system call is made from the command line. The only problem is
running it through apache.

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@mightymerchant.com>.