Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by anyz <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/11 15:49:54 UTC

How to edit PSML layout

My J2 installation stores PSML in DB. As i add new psml page with minimal
template using J2 Admin applicaiton it contains ToolBox portlet and weather
portlets on right, Page Navigator Portlet on left and JetSpeed header on top
of page. I want to customize my psml according to my applicaiton layout. But
i could not find a way to edit the template or PSML page and tailor it as
required?

Thanks

Re: How to edit PSML layout

Posted by David Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:47 AM, anyz <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Meanwhile i get some solution for user specific pages using JetUI i want to
> learn trade offs between JetU and Classic. Which is better to use what are
> pros and cons. Is classic going to stay or not with new releases?
> Could i have a link for documentation about comparison of two?

Probably better to use Classic if you want documentation and an
approach well proven. JetUI customizations have a lot of potential and
I see it as the future. The problem with Jetui is that you cannot
customize the new templates (DPSML, FPSML, TPSML) yet. Plan to
implement full customization into 2.2.3 release, see the roadmap i
sent to the list a few days ago.

Re: How to edit PSML layout

Posted by anyz <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to edit PSML layout

Posted by anyz <an...@gmail.com>.
We have decided to go with Classic and PSML in DB.
Thanks for your time.

Re: How to edit PSML layout

Posted by David Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to edit PSML layout

Posted by anyz <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to edit PSML layout

Posted by David Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:50 PM, anyz <mu...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed version 2.2.1 with JetUI configuration. I initially used
> DBPSML but then switch back to filesystem based PSML.
>
> I will try creating profiling rules as u suggested for guest. But i did try
> with admin user as well by placing custom default-page.psml and
> template.psml under folder <J2Instalaltion>/pages/_user/admin. This didn't
> make any differnce.

Profiling rules are not used with the UI pipeline

> Second i'm still confused if i need to place the custom pages at
> <J2Instalaltion>/pages/_user/admin or at
> <J2Instalaltion>/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/pages/_user/admin
> There is no folder named "pages" under webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF. Should i
> create it manually.

When installed with the installer, the pages are in the
$INSTALL_LOCATION/pages directory

Re: How to edit PSML layout

Posted by anyz <mu...@hotmail.com>.

Re: How to edit PSML layout

Posted by David Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to edit PSML layout

Posted by anyz <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Randy, has spent lots of time so far but making some minor mistake.

Re: How to edit PSML layout

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Anyz,

Re: How to edit PSML layout

Posted by anyz <mu...@hotmail.com>.
Along with templates, i placed a default-page.psml under pages\_user\guest. I
assume after logon the guest user will land on this page. But It doesn't
happenand default-page.psml in "pages" directory is always displayed.

In another thread Randy guided to use profiling rules i am' trying on these
but yet no success.

Also can anyone confirm the user specific default-page.psml should go under
pages\_user\guest or
webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\_user\guest.

Thanks

Re: How to edit PSML layout