Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jblack <jb...@gestalt-llc.com> on 2006/09/13 22:20:55 UTC

maven site doctype validation

I want to add the DOCTYPE tag to our xdocs so we can use a smart editor to
create these documents.  But, I don't want the url to point to
"http://maven.apache.org/dtd/xdoc_1_0.dtd".  There is a significant delay
while maven site tries to validate these xdocs with the DOCTYPE tag.

<!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD XDOC 1.0//EN"
                          "http://maven.apache.org/dtd/xdoc_1_0.dtd">

Can I host this dtd on an internal server and point the url to it's new
location?  Is this even the best solution?

RE: maven site doctype validation

Posted by Sean Hennessy <sh...@astutenetworks.com>.
If your "smart editor" supports the use of
com.sun.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver
use rewriteURI and rewriteSystem mechanism to resolve the http DTD
references to your local copies.

<!-- catalog.xml -->
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
[snip]
 <!-- Use formal public identifiers in preference to SYSTEM identifiers
-->
 <group xml:base="file:///c:/usr/local/share/sdl/apache_dtd/" >

<rewriteURI
           uriStartString="http://maven.apache.org/dtd/"
           rewritePrefix="file:///c:/usr/local/share/sdl/apache_dtd/" />
<rewriteSystem

systemIdStartString="http://maven.apache.org/dtd/xdoc_1_0.dtd"
           rewritePrefix="file:///c:/usr/local/share/sdl/apache_dtd/" />
 </group>
[snip]
</catalog>