Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Simon Matic Langford <si...@pcmsgroup.com> on 2003/07/17 19:24:20 UTC

API url for dependencies

Hi

Is it possible to define an API location for a dependency so that the
generated javadocs can be linked to them, or even an offline location
for those behind a firewall?

e.g.

    <dependency>
      <id>batik</id>
      <version>1.5</version>
      <url>http://xml.apache.org/batik</url>
      <apiUrl>http://xml.apache.org/batik/javadoc/</apiURL>
      <offlineApi>etc/batik.packages</offlineApi>
    </dependency>

Thanks

simon

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the person
or
privileged material. If You are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail,
the use of this information or any disclosure, copying or distribution
is
Prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The views
expressed in this e-mail may not necessarily be the views of The PCMS
Group
plc and should not be taken as authority to carry out any instruction
contained.

Re: API url for dependencies

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Me too.

Do you have a patch?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

http://jira.codehaus.org
> > ) for the Maven project.
> > --
> > dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> > Blog:      http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/
> > Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au
> >

> > "Simon Matic Langford" <si...@pcmsgroup.com> wrote on
18/07/2003

Re: API url for dependencies

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@cocell.com>.

RE: API url for dependencies

Posted by Simon Matic Langford <si...@pcmsgroup.com>.
it would work wonderfully if I wasn't behind a firewall :-(

Re: API url for dependencies

Posted by "Mark H. Wilkinson" <mh...@kremvax.net>.

Re: API url for dependencies

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
Going into b9's javadoc plugin.jelly seems to reveal that a property
maven.javadoc.links could do the trick. It should be a space or eol
separated separated list of URLs... no offline.

Making these plugins in jelly is really an amazing thing ! It appears
very very easy to me to adapt this jelly file using a similar approach
as the jnlp plugin to read such things as apiUrl and offlineApi
elements in the dependencies...

Maven is real cool !

Paul