Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pragyan Padmini Misra <pr...@emacmillan.com> on 2004/11/17 05:03:25 UTC

Tomcat startup time delay in Windows 95/98

HI,

The application which we have developed has a performance related issue in
Windows 95/98. We install the application and when we click on the
aplication icon it internally invokes a Flash screen displaying the
application is loading and internally calls the startup.bat file in
tomcat\bin for the server startup process, which internally calls the
catalina.bat file and so on and so forth. We cannot startup Tomcat as a
service in Win 95/98. The problem basically which we are facing is the time
taken for the load of the application. The load time takes up about 1 1/2 to
2 minutes. This doesnt seem to be a feasible solution for the product
acceptance. Is there any way we can decrease the tomcat startup load time?
Can we manipulate on the processes so as to reduce the load time? Or is
there any solution for the same?

Regards
Pragyan