Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by "Clay Baenziger (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)" <cb...@bloomberg.net> on 2018/09/21 15:12:33 UTC

HBase 2.x getRegionServerServices for Client IPAddress Access

Hi all,

I've been playing around trying to add client location based ACL controls. (Akin to the GRANT user@<network specifier> type of access one has in MySQL, et. al.) My nascent work has been on HBase 1.x but I missed that getRegionServerSerivces went away in 2.x[1]. Is there a way to now get to the RpcServer for a getRemoteIp() call from e.g. AccessController now that anyone can think of or should I propose adding a get remoteIp() method for the coprocessor environments?

-Clay

[1]: At least that's what I gather by:
* HBase 1.2 RegionCoprocessorEnvironment JavaDocs vs current JavaDocs
* The discussion in and referenced by HBASE-19007

Re: HBase 2.x getRegionServerServices for Client IPAddress Access

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Hey Clay!

Looking at branch-2.0, I am seeing RpcServer#getRemoteAddress() or
RpcServer#getRemoteIp() which are static calls that you should be able
to execute in the Master or RegionServer (when running in the context of
an Rpc handler thread, that is.