Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Harding, Christopher (Student Assistant)" <Ch...@softwareag.com> on 2000/11/30 11:29:39 UTC

Slide Shutdown

Hello,

If Tamino is shutdown correctly using "shutdown" or "tomcat stop" within
Tomcat/bin, does Slide know tomcat is being shutdown? and if so do the
stores know when slide is shut down. I want to store the hashtables to file
slide tomcat is shut down and re-load the hastables when the stores are
initialized so that the meta-data is available for my database without it
having to be re-created every time.

Chris Harding

                 --------
                 ( o  o )
|-----------oo0---(    )---0oo-----------|
|  Chris Harding                         |
|     Christopher.Harding@sotwareag.com  |
| "Be very very quiet, I'm hunting       |
|    wrabbit" - Elmer Fudd               |
|----------------------------------------|

Re: Slide Shutdown

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hello,
>
> If Tamino is shutdown correctly using "shutdown" or "tomcat stop" within
> Tomcat/bin, does Slide know tomcat is being shutdown? and if so do the
> stores know when slide is shut down. I want to store the hashtables to
file
> slide tomcat is shut down and re-load the hastables when the stores are
> initialized so that the meta-data is available for my database without it
> having to be re-created every time.

Lifecycle is not well implemented right now. There is a
Domain.closeNamespace(...) call which you could put in the destroy() method
in a servlet.

Eventually, the lifecycle will be handled by JMX. Tomcat 4.1 will (probably,
it's not 100% sure yet) have a deep JMX integration, and will have a top
level JMX agent to manage everything.

Remy