Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Shaddow89 <ha...@googlemail.com> on 2012/07/01 11:22:49 UTC

maven compiler plugin cannot find class in dependency

Hi guys,
i am encountering an awkward problem. I have a huge shaded uberjar
containing several 100 api jars.

While developing i use this uberjar as provided dependencies (since all of
them are provided later on the server). Eclipse can resolve the required
classes correctly. Once i compile the project, maven fails with the error
message:

[INFO] Compilation failure

.../example-pzn-extension/src/main/java/some/test/ext/ao/CustomAO.java:[5,40]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class RequestContext
location: package some.other.test

.../example-pzn-extension/src/main/java/some/test/ext/ao/CustomAO.java:[15,18]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class RequestContext
location: class some.test.ext.ao.CustomAO

If I replace the ueberjar in the dependencies by the real two jars, which
contain the refering classes, maven compilation works. But the uberjar
contains the classfiles (checked it) and eclipse can resolve the dependency.
I just cant build it.

Any idea?