Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Luca Toldo <lu...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/05 15:33:47 UTC

yaml for CAS ?

Dear All,
does anyone have a yaml that could be used in swagger that covers the CAS TypeSystem ?
Objective is to have REST JSON servers that consume/produce JSON serialized CAS.

Re: yaml for CAS ?

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
On 05.05.2017, at 17:33, Luca Toldo <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> does anyone have a yaml that could be used in swagger that covers the CAS TypeSystem ?
> Objective is to have REST JSON servers that consume/produce JSON serialized CAS.

The type system in a CAS changes depending on the types that users define. So I guess
everybody would have to create their own schema representation for swagger.

But why do that at all? Assuming that you transfer CASes between UIMA-aware endpoints
only, why not consider it as binary data with respect to the service endpoint descriptions?

-- Richard