Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> on 2018/01/18 22:22:49 UTC

Re: UIMAv3 & WebAnno - bugs in v3?

On 18.01.2018, at 22:52, Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 18.01.2018, at 20:06, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
>>
>> Got to the point where I'm getting a JCas feature offset incompatibility -
>> starting debug...
>
> Meanwhile, I'm working off the things you found...

It seems that UIMAv3 allows code such as this:

  FeatureStructure fsVal = aFS.getFeatureValue(aFS.getType().getFeatureByBaseName(aFeatureName));

where the aFeatureName is e.g. "end" (i.e. a non-FS feature). UIMAv3 seems to
simply return null in this case.

UIMAv2 had thrown an exception in this case.

Bug?

Cheers,

-- Richard

Re: UIMAv3 & WebAnno - bugs in v3?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
yes, looks like a bug.  There is feature validation code, but it only checks if
the feature is appropriate for the type, not whether the feature's range is
appropriate for the caller.

Added Jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-5706

-Marshall