Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/05 18:41:10 UTC

0.2.0 Draft Release Statement - Please review

** this is a draft... please review **

The Apache Abdera community is pleased to announce the 0.2.0-incubating
release.

You can download binary and source distributions from:

http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/abdera/0.2.0-incubating

Builds are available for Java 1.5 and Java 1.4.2.

For further information, visit our web site at:
http://incubator.apache.org/abdera

Introduction
required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates
that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process
have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF
projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project
has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

Release Summary
===============

 * A reworked API that improves usability
 * Decoupled extensions from the underlying parser implementation
 * A Atom Publishing Protocol client implementation
 * Updated support for the current Atom Publishing Protocol draft
specification
 * Added support for Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs)
 * Improved Thread Safety
 * Fixed a number of Classloader issues that kept Abdera from working
properly
   in application server environments.
 * Improved Javadocs
 * Added test cases and sample code
 * Added experimental Bidirectional Text support
 * Improved implementation of OpenSearch v1.0 and v1.1 extensions
 * Implementation of MediaRSS extensions
 * Implementation of Feed Paging and Archiving extensions
 * GoogleLogin Authentication Support

Please feel free to send any feedback to our mailing lists:
abdera-dev@incubator.apache.org
abdera-user@incubator.apache.org

Any contribution in the form of coding, testing, improving the
documentation, and reporting bugs is always welcome. For more
information on how to get involved with the development of Abdera, visit
our website at: http://incubator.apache.org/abdera

Thank you for your interest in Apache Abdera!

- Abdera PPMC

Re: 0.2.0 Draft Release Statement - Please review

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 12/5/06, James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ** this is a draft... please review **

Looks fine to me, although I would wrap some of the longer lines in
the release summary section, gmail is doing it for you here, and it
looks kinda ugly ;-)

-garrett