Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by shalom sagges <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/02 20:57:01 UTC

Large Partitions

Hi All,

I ran nodetool cfstats (v2.0.14) on a keyspace and found that there are a
few large partitions. I assume that since "Compacted partition maximum
bytes": 802187438 (~800 MB) and since
"Compacted partition mean bytes": 100465 (~100 KB), it means that most
partitions are in okay size and only a few are large. Am I assuming
correctly?

If so, can anyone suggest how to find those large partitions and how to
deal with them? (cfstats output below)

Thanks!

nodetool cfstats keyspace1;

Table: table1
SSTable count: 16
Space used (live), bytes: 453844035587
Space used (total), bytes: 453844035587
Off heap memory used (total), bytes: 440787635
SSTable Compression Ratio: 0.17417149031966575
Number of keys (estimate): 33651200
Memtable cell count: 27966
Memtable data size, bytes: 41698140
Memtable switch count: 199727
Local read count: 86494530
Local read latency: 2.646 ms
Local write count: 247712138
Local write latency: 0.030 ms
Pending tasks: 0
Bloom filter false positives: 2182242
Bloom filter false ratio: 0.02251
Bloom filter space used, bytes: 53135136
Bloom filter off heap memory used, bytes: 53135008
Index summary off heap memory used, bytes: 11560419
Compression metadata off heap memory used, bytes: 376092208
Compacted partition minimum bytes: 373

*Compacted partition maximum bytes: 802187438Compacted partition mean
bytes: 100465*
Average live cells per slice (last five minutes): 37.0
Average tombstones per slice (last five minutes): 0.0

Re: Large Partitions

Posted by shalom sagges <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ali!

I use a 13 months TTL on this table. I guess I need to remodel this table.
And I'll definitely try this tool.

Re: Large Partitions

Posted by Ali Hubail <Al...@petrolink.com>.

shalom sagges <sh...@gmail.com>